An e-mail was sent to us recently explaining that swishing with a natural oils like Sesame or Sunflower Oil can pull toxins out of the mouth and increase your overall health in your mouth and body. Oil Pulling sounds strange but apparently it's a common practice in Europe, India, and China.
Quote from www.oilpulling.com:
"Dr. Karach is supported in this view by other colleagues in the world. By means of this oil pulling treatment. it is invariably the result that diseases like migraine headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis and related illnesses, neuro physiological paralysis, eczema, gastro enteritis, peritonitis, heart disease, kidney disease, meningitis, and women’s hormonal disorders are completely eliminated from the organism.
The benefit of Dr. Karach's method is that the oil therapy heals the whole body in perpetuity. In terminal diseases such as cancer, Aids and chronic infections this treatment method has been shown to successfully replace all others. Dr. Karach has successfully healed a chronic leukemia patient with 15 years of harsh treatment methods behind him. Acute arthritis in 1 patient who was totally bedridden was removed from his body in 3 days with no inflammation apparent."
Here is what the e-mail that was sent to us had to say:
"Oil Pulling" by Chyrene Pendleton
Oil pulling is still a very new healing concept in the U.S. but has been practiced for a very long time in other countries, such as Europe, India and China. Oil pulling is an alternative health practice of swishing edible oil (such as sunflower oil) around in your mouth (without swallowing it), for about 20 minutes, then spitting it out. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Actually, not only is it very easy to do, it's a very powerful healing practice, offering many health benefits. Oil pulling detoxifies the body in a highly effective way. Yet another wonderful bonus of oil pulling is an increased metabolism. Eventually, you may notice you will lose weight, if your body needs to. Oil pulling will help restore your body to its normal weight.
How to Oil Pull
What you will need:
- 1 Tablespoon of all-natural Sunflower or Sesame Oil (We have heard of people using Coconut Oil as well)
- 1 teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide (this is for after you do the Oil Pulling to rinse your mouth out and is optional)
- A way to time your session for 20 mins. (most new phones have a timer).
- The first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and before drinking any liquids (including water), pour exactly one tablespoon of sunflower or sesame oil (or whatever oil you have chosen) into your mouth. (I have heard that you can do this at night before going to bed to help you sleep)
- Set a timer for 20 mins.
- Swish the oil around in your mouth without swallowing it. Move it around in your mouth and through your teeth, as if it was mouthwash (don't tilt your head back to gargle though). You'll find that the oil will start to get watery as your saliva mixes with it. Keep swishing. If your jaw muscles get sore while swishing you're putting too much into it. Relax your jaw muscles and use your tongue to help move the liquid around the inside of your mouth. When you do this correctly, you'll feel very comfortable.
- As the end of the oil pulling session approaches, you may notice the oil/saliva mixture in your mouth has become thicker. This is quite normal, since it is pulling out toxins from your body. When 20 minutes is up, spit out the oil (DO NOT SWALLOW). Don't be alarmed if it looks yellowish--this is also normal.
- Rinse out your mouth a couple of times with warm water. I prefer to rinse with a little Hydrogen Peroxide diluted with water. The hydrogen peroxide is very effective in rinsing out any toxins which may be left in the mouth.
- Brush your teeth as usual with your toothpaste of choice (I prefer a fluoride free tooth past because of the dangers of fluoride). Baking soda is also a good option for brushing.
- Now you can drink, eat, and go throughout your day as usual.