Over the years the simple egg has been taken on a roller coaster ride. The ups and downs of "yes, it's good for you", "no, it's not good for you" and then there is the "okay, part of it is good for you".
Errrrgggg! This has driven me crazy! People will but up more of a fuss over an egg than whether or not its ok to eat a chicken that has been pumped full of antibiotics, hormones, and feed with nothing that you or that chicken would ever eat if given the choice.
Here are some simple facts about an Egg:
1. Eggs are great for the eyes because it contains lutein and zeaxanthin.
2. Can reduce the risks of cataracts.
3. One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids.
4. According to one study, regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.
5. One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline.
6. One egg contains just 5 grams of good fat and only 1.5 grams of that is saturated fat.
7. Recent studies have shown that regular consumption of two eggs per day does not affect a person's lipid profile and may, in fact, improve cholesterol.
8. Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.
9. Eggs may prevent breast cancer. In one study, women who consumed at least 6 eggs per week lowered their risk of breast cancer by 44%.
10. Eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals.
11. Eggs give the liver the building blocks it needs to regenerate.
12. The egg is nearly the perfect food for health and weight loss. It is easily digestible as well as a complete food.
13. Eggs also contain the key minerals calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron as well as essential nutrients, such as B1, B6, folic acid and B12.
14. Eggs have almost zero carbohydrates and have the highest rating for complete proteins (containing all the amino acids) of any food.
15. Because of the choline, eggs are concidered a great brain booster!
Now, come on. If you were able to provide all of that would you be as humble as the egg? I know I wouldn't:)