I have always been a fan of garlic. You can take just about any savory food and add a pinch of garlic to it and it will make into a 4 star dinner.
Well some people might disagree with me on that, but what they can't disagree with me on is the power it contains to be one of the healthiest bulbs/root vegetable available to us.
Here are some of the reasons why you ahould consider adding more garlic to your diet:
- Studies have shown it can help lower incidences of cardiovascular disease.
- Studies have also showed is to help reduce cholesterol.
- It is a powerful antioxidant.
- It can help against the damaging effects of nicotine and slows the aging process of your liver by inhibiting lipid peroxidation.
- Garlic has 1% of the potency of penicillin and can ward off a number of bacteria such as Listeria, Salmonella, E. coli, Cryptococcal meningitis, Candida albican and Staphylococcus. The problem with most antibiotics is that bacteria develops resistance to them, however this is not the case with garlic.
- Clinical trials, which were published in the Journal of Hypertension, showed that the blood pressure of volunteers was reduced 1 – 5% after taking garlic supplements. This may not sound a lot but this small reduction can reduce the chance of a stroke by 30-40% and heart disease by 20-25%.
That was just to name a few of the health benefits of garlic. There are many other studies on its effects on cancer, ageing, weight loss and more. But the most amazing thing about garlic is what it produces when it is crushed, chopped, or broken. In garrlic's natural deffense, when garlic is damaged, it creates Allicin and is that hot or spiciness you taste in garlic.
What is Allicin? Fresh garlic contains an enzyme called "allinase" and “alliin”, which are contained in different parts of the garlic plant. This unique structure is designed as a defense mechanism against microbial pathogens of the soil. When fungi or other soil pathogens attack the cloves, the membrane of those compartments is destroyed, and within 10 seconds, all the alliin is converted into a new compound called allicin. The allicin produced has a very short half-life and can deteriorate in a very few short moments into other healthy compounds.
There is one company that has been able to naturally stabilize the alllicin and put it into capsule form. This company makes the majority of the allicin that is on the market but appears to be relabeled under different brand names.
We carry Alli-C in our store for 2 reasons; it is affordable to our customers and it also contains a good food based vitamin C.
The list of health benefits people have claimed are extensive but here are a few that have weight:
1. Alli-C does not harm your body's friendly bacteria or cause negative side-effects. The stabilized Allicin in Alli-C is the strongest, most versatile, safest, and healthiest natural antibiotic known to man.
2. Alli-C also kills viruses and fungi, and it drives parasites out of the body. It has been scientifically proven in double-blind studies using low doses to greatly reduce the number, severity, and duration of common colds. Alli-C fights all types of diseases caused by harmful microbes.
3. Alli-C can help lower high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
4. Alli-C can help ease arthritic pain and swelling.
5. Alli-C can be harmful to cancer cells.
6. People taking Alli-C are less apt to be bitten by mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
If you are interested in Alli-C and would like to order you can do so here.