Growing up my parents always gave us apple cider vinegar when we got sick and I never understood why until I got older.
When I hit my early twenties I came across a book on vinegar and how it was used down through the centuries for cooking, energy, strength, vitality, and for curing all kinds of sicknesses.
After reading that book vinegar has always been on my list of favorite natural remedies and here are a few to keep in mind:
1) A bath of apple cider vinegar is said to reduce the effects of sunburn. The vinegar soaked on a cloth and applied to sunburn may also be used.
2) There are many claims that apple cider vinegar is a powerful weight loss aid. Many people use it in salad dressings or drink a tablespoon diluted in a glass of water once or twice per day.
3) It is said to treat dandruff by destroying the fungus Malassezia furfur and restoring the PH balance of the scalp.
4) It is said to be a natural lower of bad cholesterol.
5) A teaspoon of cider vinegar in a glass of water per day is said to lower blood pressure.
6) Vinegar helps the body absorb calcium.
7) Vinegar seems to help people with type 2 diabetes. It appears to increase insulin sensitivity in those who are insulin resistant.
8) Removing Harmful Substances from Produce. (I soak all my greens in a 10% vinegar 90% water/ice solution to disinfect/clean them before storing or eating them.)
9) Helps reduce sinus infections and sore throats.
10) Helps treat skin conditions such as acne.
11) Can help protect against food poisoning.
12) Can prevent muscle fatigue after exercise.
13) Strengthen the immune system.
14) Increase stamina.
15) Improve digestion and cure constipation.
16) Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout.
17) Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections.
There are many vinegars on the market but when it come to the best one I look for 4 things: Organic, Raw, Unfiltered, and still contains the enzymes. Braggs is what I like to use.