Magnesium Benefits & Deficiency
The Benefits of Magnesium, Magnesium Deficiency
Magnesium, The Master Mineral
Mg¹² Dead Sea mineral supplements have a high concentration of magnesium chloride plus 20 vital minerals to maximize benefits. Magnesium is essential to over 300 metabolic bodily processes. The average diet in an industrialized country, dependent on mechanized farming and processed food, is extremely deficient in this vital mineral. It is no wonder that virtually all major diseases usually involve a magnesium deficiency as a co-factor, if it is not the primary cause.
The Health Benefits of Magnesium
Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body and is essential to good health. Approximately 50% of total body magnesium is found in bone. The other half is found predominantly inside cells of body tissues and organs. Only 1% of magnesium is found in blood, but the body works very hard to keep blood levels of magnesium constant.
Are You Deficient?
Magnesium deficiency triggers or causes the following conditions:
- Anxiety/Panic attacks: Magnesium normally keeps adrenal stress hormones under control.
- Asthma: Both histamine production and bronchial spasms increase when deficient.
- Back & Neck Pain
- Blood Clots: Our supplements are much like aspirin, but all-natural and without side effects.
- Bowel disease:
- When deficient, the bowel slows down causing constipation, which could
- lead to toxicity and malabsorption of nutrients, as well as colitis.
- Cystitis Bladder: spasms worsen with deficiency.
- • Depression: Serotonin, which elevates moods, is dependent on Mg¹². A deficient brain is also more susceptible to allergens, foreign substances that can cause symptoms similar to mental illness.
- Detoxification: Mg¹² is crucial for the removal of toxic substances and heavy metals such as aluminum and lead.
- Diabetes: Mg¹² enhances insulin secretion, facilitating sugar metabolism. Without Mg¹², insulin is not able to transfer glucose into cells. Glucose and
- insulin build up in the blood causing various types of tissue damage.
- Fatigue: Mg¹²-deficient patients commonly experience fatigue because dozens of enzyme systems are under-functioning.
- Heart disease: Deficiency is common in people with heart disease. Magnesium is administered in hospitals for acute myocardial infarction and cardiac arrhythmia to help relax their heart. Like any other muscle, the heart
- muscle requires magnesium to relax and calcium to contract. Mg¹² is also
- used to treat angina or chest pain.
- Hypertension: With insufficient Mg12, spasms of blood vessels and high cholesterol occur, both of which lead to blood pressure problems.
- Hypoglycemia: You should use magnesium to keep insulin under control; without it, episodes of low blood sugar can result.
- Insomnia: Sleep-regulating melatonin production is disturbed without sufficient magnesium in your system.
- Kidney Disease: Deficiency contributes to atherosclerotic kidney failure and creates abnormal lipid levels & worsening blood sugar control in kidney transplant
- Liver Disease leading to liver failure: This commonly occurs during liver transplantation.
- Migraines: Serotonin balance is magnesium dependent.
- Musculoskeletal conditions: Fibrositis, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, eye twitches, cramps and chronic neck & back pain may be signs of deficiency.
- Nerve problems Vertigo and confusion are symptoms
- related to the central nervous system. Mg¹² may alleviate this and other
- peripheral nerve disturbances, such as migraines, muscle contractions,
- gastrointestinal spasms, and calf, foot & toe cramps.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Premenstrual Syndrome;
- dysmenorrhea (cramping pain during menstruation); infertility; and
- premature contractions, preeclampsia, and eclampsia in pregnancy.
- Magnesium is given intravenously in obstetrical wards for
- pregnancy-induced hypertension and to lessen the risk of cerebral palsy
- and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Poor Memory
- Raynaud’s Syndrome: Spastic blood vessels that cause pain and numbness of the fingers.
- Skin Conditions
- Tooth decay: An unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.