You Can Improve Your Health and Live PAIN FREE!
Magnesium Deficiency Triggers or Causes the Following Conditions:
1. Anxiety and Panic attacks
- Magnesium (Mg12) normally keeps adrenal stress hormones under control.
- Both histamine production and bronchial spasms increase with Mg12 deficiency.
3. Blood clots
- Mg12 has an important role to play in preventing blood clots and keeping the blood thin-much like aspirin but without the side effects.
4. Bowel disease
- Mg12 deficiency slows down the bowel causing constipation, which could lead to toxicity and malabsorption of nutrients, as well as colitis.
- Bladder spasms are worsened by Mg12 deficiency.
- Serotonin, which elevates moods, is dependent on Mg12. A Mg12-deficient brain is also more susceptible to allergens, foreign substances that can cause symptoms similar to mental illness.
- Mg12 is crucial for the removal of toxic substances and heavy metals such as aluminum and lead.
- Mg12 enhances insulin secretion, facilitating sugar metabolism. Without Mg12 insulin is not able to transfer glucose into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood causing various types of tissue damage.
- Mg12-deficient patients commonly experience fatigue because dozens of enzyme systems are under-functioning. An early symptom of Mg12 deficiency is frequent fatigue.
10. Heart disease
- Mg12 deficiency is common in people with heart disease. Mg12 is administered in hospitals for acute myocardial infarction and cardiac arrhythmia. Like any other muscle, the heart muscle requires Mg12. Mg12 is also used to treat angina, or chest pain.
- With insufficient Mg12, spasms of blood vessels and high cholesterol occur, both of which lead to blood pressure problems.
- Mg12 keeps insulin under control; without Mg12 episodes of low blood sugar can result.
- Sleep-regulating melatonin production is disturbed without sufficient Mg.
14. Kidney Disease
- Mg12 deficiency contributes to atherosclerotic kidney failure. Mg12 deficiency creates abnormal lipid levels and worsening blood sugar control in kidney transplant patients.
15. Liver Disease leading to liver failure
- Mg12 deficiency commonly occurs during liver transplantation.
- Serotonin balance is Mg12-dependent. Deficiency of serotonin can result in migraine headaches and depression.
17. Musculoskeletal conditions
- Fibrositis, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, eye twitches, cramps and chronic neck and back pain may be caused by Mg12 deficiency.
18. Nerve problems
- Mg12 alleviates peripheral nerve disturbances throughout the whole body, such as migraines, muscle contractions, gastrointestinal spasms, and calf, foot and toe cramps. It is also used in treating central nervous symptoms of vertigo and confusion.
19. Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mg12 prevents Premenstrual Syndrome; prevents dysmenorrhea (cramping pain during menses); is important in the treatment of infertility; and alleviates premature contractions, preeclampsia, and eclampsia in pregnancy. Intravenous Mg12 is given in obstetrical wards for pregnancy-induced hypertension and to lessen the risk of cerebral palsy and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Mg12 should be a required supplement for pregnant mothers.
- Use of calcium with Vitamin D to enhance calcium absorption without a balancing amount of Mg12 causes further Mg12 deficiency, which triggers a cascade of events leading to bone loss.
21. Raynaud's Syndrome
- Mg12 helps relax the spastic blood vessels that cause pain and numbness of the fingers.
22. Tooth decay
- Mg12 deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
1-22 is material excerpted from Dean, Carolyn. The Miracle of Magnesium (2003 Ballantine Books: New York, NY), 2003. pp. 5-7.
Are YOU Magnesium Deficient?
Possible Symptoms: Anxiety, Confusion, Diarrhea or Constipation, Fatigue, Faintness, Depression, Intestinal Problems, Hyperventilation, Insomnia, Muscle Cramps, Muscle Tightness, Muscle Twitches, Pain, Poor Memory, Seizures
Dr. Wm. R Deagle MD,
ABFP, AARM, SSPM,
ACOEM, CIME, ACO
Possible Symptoms: Back and Neck Pain, Muscle Spasms, Anxiety, Panic Disorders, Raynaud's Spastic Vessels, Arrhythmia, Fatigue, Eye twitches, Vertigo, Migraines,
Possible Symptoms: Gastrointestinal Disorders, Irregular Heart Rhythm, Lack of Coordination, Muscle Twitch, Tremors, Weakness, Apprehensiveness, Personality Changes, Disorientation, Confusion, Depression, Irritability, Alopecia (baldness), Swollen Gums, Lesions of the Gum,
Possible Symptoms: Hypertension, Cardiovascular disease, Some Forms of Cancer, Compromised Immune System (with secondary problems as a result), Erectile Dysfunction, Diabetes, Vitamin K Deficiency, Migraine, ADHD, Depression, Asthma, Insomnia, Osteoporosis (brittle bones), Certain Form of Allergy, Increased Sensitivity to Stress, Involuntary Muscle Twitches
Magnesium May be Useful in Treating or Preventing: Aging, Aggressive Behavior, Alcoholism, Alzheimer's Disease, Arrhythmia, Asthma, Attention Deficit Disorder, Autism, Brain Damage, Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Cerebrovascular, Chemical Sensitivity, Chronic Fatigue, Cluster Headaches, Constipation, Cramps, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Fluoride Toxicity, Head Injuries, Central Nervous System Injuries, HIV, AIDS, Heart Disease, Heart Attack, Atherosclerosis, Cardiovascular Disease, Hypertension, Kidney Stones, Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS), Migraine Headache, Menopause Symptom, Multiple Sclerosis, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Osteoporosis, Premenstrual Syndrome, PMS, Psychiatric Disorders, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sickle Cell Disease, SIDS, Sports-related problems, Stroke, Stress, Stuttering Tetanus, TMJ
Dr. Wm. Deagle MD